With the holiday season around the corner, this means holiday parties and having family and friends over. Most people look forward to this time of year, yet it can wreak havoc on a budget. So, here are some tips on how to save money on alcohol when you do have people over.
1) Do not serve overly salty snacks and hors d’oeuvres. Making your guest overly thirsty will only cause them to drink more of your $20 bottles of wine.
2) Serve 1 signature drink. It’s cheaper and if your signature drink ties into a theme, your guests won’t even miss the beer and wine!
3) Do not fill the glasses of your guests to the brim. They tend to set their glasses down half full and forget which one is theirs, thus going back to the bar to fill up a new glass.
4) On that note, find ways to mark the cups so that they know which ones are theirs and they’ll finish their drink to the last drop. It can be inventive, use multicolored tags, stickers, straws, markers that wash off…get creative.
5) Serve more inexpensive food for your guests to eat alongside their drinks.
6) If serving a full bar, have your mixers in plain sight. If the guests know that there are options, they are more likely to mix their drinsk or go the non-alcoholic route. And, do not forget the water!
I hope these put a few extra bucks in your wallet! Maybe enough to save up for your new ipad ;).